A Look into the New Year


I'm not big into creating resolutions for myself. I feel like I'm being punished for something I did "wrong" and resolving to make it better in the future. I'm more into creating the idea of personal growth goals, something that actually makes you feel GOOD about yourself. I also don't create unrealistic goals for myself. Small achievements make me feel wonderful too!

I had a great year with personal development in 2014. I started finding time for myself and my art, all while juggling a 1 year old, 40 hr work week and a transition into the "real food" Paleo lifestyle for health reasons. (Real food = lots and LOTS of creating from scratch - but that's another story!) I started focusing on blogging about my sketches again - both the good and bad - and created a Facebook community to share my work. What's really cool is I watched my drawings grown in a way I couldn't have even dreamed!!
Left: Early 2014                                                                        Right: End of 2014

This year, I'm already dreaming up new goals for myself. I hope I can achieve them all, but if not it's OK. Here's some of the ideas I have floating around in my head:
  • Collaborative projects with fellow artists - actually in the works as I type!
  • Make more connections with fellow artist in the community
  • Continue learning and practicing watercolor in my spare time
  • Become bolder and more confident in my sketch lines/strokes
  • Try new mediums!
  • Blog more informational/tutorial posts
  • Create some demo videos on my favorite techniques
  • Create more challenges for myself and readers to be involved in
  • Work on a larger scale
  • Draw everyday - even if it's just for a few minutes 
  • Work on better photography of my work for posts
  • Create an online shop so YOU can finally purchase!
What are some of your goals?
If you've been enjoying these posts, please follow The Pen & Ink Project on Facebook and share the love with friends. You can also follow me on Instagram!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

View My Story

Popular Posts

The SHOP

I'm on Instagram!

Instagram

Follow Me on Facebook!

Follow Me on Bloglovin!

Follow on Bloglovin