Welcoming Autumn

Welcome Autumn! With your cool dewy mornings and shadowy evenings, and everything pumpkin and spice - I can't think of a better time of year. I also feel like this the perfect time of year for slowing down and taking more time to relax, reading a few more books snuggling with kitties on the couch, and turning on folksy music and just creating in my sketchbook. It also means lots and lots of chai tea - yum!

Lately I've been on a "large face" kick, with lots of dark color and bolder lines. (I've also been on a floral kick too, but I'll save that post for later!) I love seeing the brush strokes start and stop, blend together and fade out. I'm accepting the cheap quality of sketchbook paper I have (for now) and working with the bleed and feathering instead of struggling against it. Actually, I'm starting to adore it!


This was a quick study I did during lunch one day. Each were about 2 min or so to sketch.
I love how they turned out!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

View My Story

Popular Posts

The SHOP

I'm on Instagram!

Instagram

Follow Me on Facebook!

Follow Me on Bloglovin!

Follow on Bloglovin