What is Good?

The other day I was chatting with my dear friend, Ms. C, when she gave me the utmost flattering compliment – that this blog inspired her to start drawing again! Oh, that makes me warm and fuzzy inside and blushing all over!  I don't do well with just accepting compliments, its' something I need to work on... Anyways, she continued saying even though she would like to start drawing again, hers wouldn't be as good as mine. (Again, the compliment thing...) As we continued to chat it reminded me of something valuable I learned in college – to question perspective and challenge the label of "good art". It irritates when someone judges art based on how realistic or detailed it is; their label of "good" is if it's something they can't do themselves. I don't really feel like much art is bad anymore, it's just unique to the creator... and whatever style you may have, you should own it and grow with it! Mine is still growing and each sketch is still an experiment. To try and learn means so much more than being so called good. So, Ms. C – get to work, because I can't wait to see what you do!












0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

View My Story

Popular Posts

The SHOP

I'm on Instagram!

Instagram

Follow Me on Facebook!

Follow Me on Bloglovin!

Follow on Bloglovin